April 13, 2020 - Comments Off on EDGE – INTERNATIONAL LAWYERS ONGOING LEGAL SERVICES DURING THE STATE OF EMERGENCY
The Portuguese Government is seeking to implement as effective measures as possible in order to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, including the Declaration of the State of Emergency on 18th March 2020. The initial State of Emergency term of 15 days was extended by a further period of 15 days to 17th April 2020 with additional restrictions operating, particularly during the Easter period i.e. from midnight on 9th April 2020 until midnight on 13th April 2020.
However, we at EDGE understand that existing and new clients need our continued support and assistance, now more than ever, but it is also mandatory for us to adopt best practices in compliance with the State of Emergency legislation.
EDGE will continue to operate as a full service law firm, thinking ahead and providing integrated solutions through our network of EDGE lawyers who continue to work remotely in Lisbon, Almancil, Lagos and Porto. We can also provide any essential legal services at our offices, in full compliance with the government regulations.
The range of services which we can provided remotely and at our offices (if essential) will include:
1. All property services including the associated contracts and notarial services;
2. Residency by Investment services, including advice on the status of applications;
3. Non-Habitual Tax Residency Services;
4. Corporate and Commercial services including support for companies and company incorporations;
5. Obtaining Portuguese tax numbers;
6. Litigation Services;
7. Employment Services;
8. Probate and Wills services; and
9. Other ancillary services such as: opening of bank accounts; registration at the health centre; powers of attorney and certified copies; and exchange of driving licences.
Our aim is to, as far as possible, support both new and existing clients, as well as our partners, in the same that we always have. This will mean that, during the COVID-19 crisis, our clients and partners can continue to fully rely on us and, after the crisis has passed, they will have the best possible positioning to take advantage of the new market conditions.
Lisbon, 8th April 2020